Thursday 14 April 2011

By way of introduction

Welcome to the latest AFC Wimbledon blog. The latest of three current English blogs* -as far as I'm aware - the others being SW19's ARMY and The Anonymous Don, following the sad demise of the Big Tissue. Now those blogs are all very well if what you're after is informed and interesting comment from people who actually go to all (or at least most of) Wimbledon's games and have been doing so for many years, thus building up an extensive knowledge of Wimbledon football club, and the people involved in running and playing for it. But, I hear you ask, what about the voice of the ill-informed, 'occasional' fan, who doesn't go to every game? Does his (or her) opinion not count for as much? Well, objectively, you'd have to say not, but it doesn't mean that such a fan shouldn't, in this age of the interweb and mass communication, be able to spout as much nonsense on the subject of AFC Wimbledon as anyone else. And I am that fan. I don't even go to most games (current tally is thirteen league games this season - W5 D4 L4), so you'll have the privelege of reading a number of opinions written without the advantage of having witnessed the events I'm writing about. Instead, I'll mostly be relying on the official website, existing blogs, the Old Centrals Repository, and AFC Wimbledon TV. For extra inaccuracy, I might also rely on the BBC website match reports, but that would probably be taking things a bit too far.
So sit back, relax, and read on, safe in the knowledge that even though I go to less games than some, even though I don't know as much of the club history as some, even though I don't know as many of the people involved in the club as some, MY OPINIONS ARE STILL RIGHT BECAUSE IT'S MY F***ING BLOG, OK?

*honourable mention to Maliniok's blog, which must be the best Polish-language blog about an English non-league football team you could ever wish to read. It got me wondering if many English people have ever blogged about Dalin Myślenice or MKS Stąporków. Probably not.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see someone else taking the initiative and starting their own blog, there really aren't enough of us, the more the merrier I say - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anonymousdon, here's hoping I don't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete